It was a bright sunny day in the August . . . . oh wait . . . wrong post.
(photo credit This is a picture of Carambola Beach in St. Croix, USVI - my hometown. Yes, our water is that blue. Definitely worth the trip. Make it when you can. *end of shameless plug for hometown to increase tourism*)
This post is about me getting my FIRST BLOG AWARD!!!! My wonderful blog buddy, Natalie @ Mommy of a Monster, gave me this award. As such, I've now lost my blog award virginity.
So to follow the rules, I must:
1. Thank the person who honored me with this award.
Thank you so much Natalie. This girl is amazing. She has three little ones, a little guy just under 3 years old and twin infant daughters. They are so adorable!!! Her blog posts are hilarious and she's definitely a blogger to follow.
2. Share seven things about myself.
- I only get pedicures. No manicures. Every time I go in for my pedicure, they ask if I'd like to wax my eyebrows or get a manicure. Nope, no thanks. I'm afraid to have to draw my eyebrows back on and, besides, I bite my nails.
- I play Wii Tennis like I think I'm at the US Open. I don't get into a tennis outfit or anything, but I get tennis arm by the next day. I go hard.
- I have retail fetishes, particularly Coach and Tiffany & Co. I shop there all the time even though I know I'm over paying. I'm pretty happy with my collection.
- I'm afraid that my husband and I will never get to the point where we think we can afford to have a child. Being a Stay At Home Mom is already out of the question.
- I've been wearing high heeled shoes since I was 11 years old. I used to practice wearing my mom's heels in the house and then she let me wearing high heels for my sixth grade graduation. Been smitten ever since.
- I met my best friend, Ms. DD, in 1985, thus making this year our 25th anniversary of our friendship.
- I don't like apples or apple pie. I love apple sauce and apple juice. Go figure.
- Shannon @ Green Monkey Tales - Shannon is an amazing writer. She has a post about summer love that will having you hanging on to every word. She is so real with what she posts.
- Jennifer @ Baby Making Machine - Jennifer is a future mom, only about three weeks to go. Her blog is great. I especially love her letters to her daughter, Lil' J.
- Megan @ Twinsomnia - Megan is a mom blogger who always has a great post about her ever exciting life. She has a hilarious post about her daughter's dance techniques. Plus she loves purple. That makes her great in my book.
- Lori @ Tiny Little Reveries - Lori is a fun blogger to follow. Her Tuesday post-its make me laugh every time.