Susie Q at I Married a Moron - And Survived! gave me the A Blog With Substance award at the beginning of the month, but I could not think of a five word philosophy for my life. After visiting Robyn's Nest today, her post helped me to develop the matra that I needed to accept this award. I want to do more to enjoy the right now in my life. I'm such a planner, I'm always getting ready for the next several months, but I also want to focus on this:
Enjoy the Beauty of Now
Thank you Susie for this Award. I'm passing it on to the following bloggers:
I was given the Versatile Blogger award by CK and Becka at Made by Bedtime Tales. Made by Bedtime Tales is a whimsical blog filed with great stories and awesome projects. To accept this award, I have to tell you 7 things about myself you don't know.
- I sucked my thumb until I was 12 years old. The end of thumb sucking coincided with when I started kissing boys. I'm not saying there is a correlation, but maybe my parent's shouldn't have tried so hard to make me stop :)
- I used to be able to wrap both my legs around my neck, but now I'm old, so I can only do one leg at a time.
- I want braces on my teeth because I think braces are cute.
- I love horseback riding even though horses scare me a bit.
- In high school, a friend and I skipped class, but we couldn't think of anything to do. So we went to another class and ended up getting excused for missing class because we participated in the other class.
- My handwriting is horrible. Sometimes, I can't read it.
- I love water balloon fights. When I was in college, we had a HUGE water balloon fight. At the end of the fight, I was completed soaked from head to toe, including my sneakers that made squish sounds as I walked . . . . into class . . . looking (and sounding) a Hot Mess.
Marlie and Me
The Happy and Not-So Happy Rantings of a Chocolate Mom
New Jersey Memories
A Sensitive Poet (This young man is so very talented, check out his poetry)
The WOW of the week is "Hot Mess." Definition #2 is a person who looks as if they've been to hell and back. Join in on this really fun word meme run by Natalie, Kristin and Liz. Click on the button for this week's link.